UAB “DP acetate” is the only company in the Baltic region that manufactures acetate yarn. Acetate is a synthetic fibre obtained from a natural polymer, i.e. wood cellulose. Cellulose acetate yarn is endowed with exceptionally natural shine, soft drape, excellent anti-static properties; it is pleasant and soft to touch like natural silk.
And that is exactly how acetate is called in modern textiles. Acetate production started over 80 years ago. The manufacture of acetate yarn in Lithuania commenced in 1965.
Acetate is a synthetic fibre obtained from a natural polymer, i.e. wood cellulose. Cellulose acetate yarn and products made from it are characteristic of natural lustre, good drape, ability to hold shape, low wear, excellent anti-static properties; they are breathable, pleasant and soft to touch like natural silk.
Products manufactured by UAB “DP acetate” comprise an ever so wide range of acetate and mixed filament yarn with widely ranging parameters:
- linear density: between 44 dtex and 330 dtex,
- number of intermingled knots: between 10 knots/m and 40 knots/m,
- twist: between 80 tpm and 2200 tpm,
- weight and tube: 1.5 kg to 6 kg reels on a variety of tubes.
Products by UAB “DP acetate”:
- 100% high shine and matt acetate yarn
- A variety of mixed filament yarn
- Acetate polyamide yarn ACEMIX ®.
- Acetate polyester yarn DACPEMIX ®.
- Acetate dope dyed yarn, a wide range of colours, including black. Intense and impact-resilient colours (in line with LST EN ISO 105).
- Special acetate yarn MIKACET ® with antimicrobial properties.
Customers across many countries worldwide have already had a chance to verify the high quality of these products. Acetate yarn has been Oeko Tex Standard 100 certified which confirms that the manufactured products are not harmful to humans and the environment.
Acetate yarn is characteristic of easy performance in basic textile equipment; it is easily compatible and can be used with other fibres. This endows the acetate yarn with many options for application and use.